- University of Michigan – Dearborn (2003)
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, cum laude (2008)
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Employment/Labor Law
- Civil Rights
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
HONORS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Oakland County Bar Association Distinguished Service Award (2011)
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School Leadership Achievement Award (2008)
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ACTIVITIES
- Equal Access Initiative of the Justice Initiative
- Executive Council of the Young Lawyers’ Section
- Representative Assembly – Past Member
Macomb County Bar Association
Oakland County Bar Association
- New Lawyers Committee – Chair
- Law-Related Education Committee – Past Chair
- PALS (Providing Access to Legal Services) Committee – Past Chair
Macomb Community Domestic Violence Council – Past Member
Syeda is admitted to practice law in the State of Michigan, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, and the United States Supreme Court. Since becoming licensed, she remains active in professional activities and community activities.
Nationally, Syeda is an Associate Editor for the American Bar Association’s publication, “The Young Lawyer.” She has written articles for the publication, as well as for the Management Information Exchange Journal. Her articles cover a variety of topics, from work-life balance to the challenges presented to LGBT survivors of domestic violence.
Syeda is active with organizations outside of the practice of law as well. She serves on the Board of Directors for Affirmations, a community center focused on LGBT education and advocacy in Ferndale, Michigan. She is also on the Board of Directors for the Oakland County Branch of the American Civil Liberties Union, and serves on the Lawyers’ Committees for Oakland County as well as the state.